Monday, October 12, 2009

Focus on Grammar Unit 7 Answers

Unit 7: Future Time Clauses (pages 65-72)

Section: After You Read

1. a
2. a
3. b

Section 1:

2. a
3. b
4. a
5. b
6. b
7. b
8. a
9. b
10. b

Section 2:

2. graduate
3. get
4. ‘ll have / I ‘m going to have
5. save
6. ‘ll buy / ‘m going to buy
7. ‘ll feel / I’m going to feel
8. am
9. ‘ll learn / I ‘m going to learn
10. work
11. get up
12. ‘ll buy / ‘m going to buy
13. talk
14. ‘ll ask / ‘m going to ask
15. ‘ll look / I ‘m going to look
16. go
17. go
18. ‘ll improve / I ‘m going to improve
19. do
20. ‘ll write / ‘m going to write
21. contact
22. ‘ll work / I ‘m going to work



Section 3:

2. They are going to move to a larger apartment as soon as Jeff gets a raise.
3. After they move to a larger apartment, they’re going to have a baby.
4. Sandy will get a part-time job after they have their first child.
5. When their child is two, Sandy will go back to work full-time.
6. Sandy will work full-time while Jeff goes to school.
7. Jeff will find another job when he graduates.

Section 4:

Graduation is next month! I need to make some plans now because when exams start, I won’t OR ‘m not going to have any free time. What am I going to do when I will finish school? My roommate is going to take a vacation before she looks for a job. I can’t do that because I need to earn some money soon. I think that after I will graduate, (insert comma) I am going to take a word processing class. As soon as I learn word processing, (insert comma) I’ll look OR I’m going to look for a job as a bilingual office assistant. It’s hard to find full-time jobs, though. Part-time jobs are easier to find. Maybe I’ll take a part-time job before I find a full-time one. Or maybe I’ll take a workshop in making decision (no comma) before I do anything!

Section 5:

a. 4
b. 2
c. 1
d. 5
e. 6
f. 3

Sections 6-9:

Answers will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment