Monday, November 9, 2009

Unit 4: Past Progressive and Simple Past

Unit 4 Past Progressive and Simple Past (pages 34-42)

Section After You Read:

Checked: 1, 4

Section 1:

2. b
3. b
4. a
5. b

Section 2:

3. was leaving
4. was driving
5. was speaking
6. saw
7. stepped
8. was crossing
9. hit
10. didn’t see
11. was talking
12. wasn’t paying
13. was listening
14. noticed
15. tried
16. arrived
17. was bleeding
18. stopped

Section 3:

2. Who exactly were you visiting?
3. Was she working at 7:00?
4. Was anyone else working with her?
5. What were you doing while she was working?
6. What did you do when the lights went out?
7. What was she doing when you found her?
8. What did you do?
9. Why were you running when the police saw you?

Section 4:

2. When the wind began to blow, the electricity vent out.
3. While he was driving home, he was listening o his car radio.
4. He pulled over to the side of the road when he couldn’t see anything.
5. Whi1e he was listening to the news, he heard about the burglary.
6. When it stopped snowing, Mr. Ligo went to the police station.

Section 5:

What happened to me this morning was so unbelievable! I was walking down the street when a woman stopped in front of me and asked me for directions to the nearest bank. At that moment, I saw my Bill across the street. I called out to him and asked him to wait for me. Luckily for me, he did. Bill saw everything: While I was talking to the woman, a pickpocket put his hand into my backpack. Bill started to walk away. I thought he didn’t want to wait for me, but I was wrong. When Bill saw the pickpocket he went to call the police. They arrived immediately. The police arrested the woman and the pickpocket. What an experience!

Section 6:

Set 2

Section 7:

Answers will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment